Saturday, March 24, 2007

#8 (Week 4) RSS and all that ...

Well, I think that it is a bit more information than I will ever make use of. However, in terms of finding information easily, this technology does seem to fit the bill. I had no trouble actually signing up for bloglines, and it had several blog sites that seemed interesting listed automatically, and I seemed to pick up the other blog feeds (did I use that correctly) alright. However, since I rarely go out to find these sites in everyday life, I feel somewhat disconnected from the use/practice of obtaining the info. I will monitor bloglines for a while and see if it grows on me. Practically speaking, tho, I spend a lot of time on the computer at work - so I spend very little on the computer at home. At work, I have to read library related material, job-related, you know - so the fun sites that I saw will probably be neglected. What do other people do?

No comments: